Statement of Purpose
The DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation endeavors to recognize students for their academic, school and community performance while in college. The recognition is in the form of a scholarship to the student’s school of choice.
To apply for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be a college junior or senior as of June 15.
- Be an individual member or a dependent of a continual member in good standing of the DeKalb County Farm Bureau since Jan. 1, 2016.
- Have their own membership if 22 years and older.
- Be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university for the fall semester.
- Applicants must be pursuing a field of study related to agriculture, science, or any field of study.
Scholarship Amount and Coverage
The $1,200 will be awarded for one year. Applicants may reapply for their senior year. The award may be applied toward tuition and fees, housing, books and course supplies.
How to Apply
Complete and submit this application. College transcript can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the scholarship application format. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in ineligibility.
Selection of Recipients
An impartial selection committee composed of Farm Bureau members selects the recipients soon after the application deadline. In evaluating the applications, the committee will ensure applicants first meet all of the eligibility requirements and then consider the content of the applications. The evaluation criteria will include academic performance, school activities and leadership experience, and involvement in non-school community activities. The awards will not be based on financial need.
Upon being awarded a scholarship, a recipient must:
- Enroll as a full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) student for fall semester 2018.
- Provide a statement attesting to the enrollment before payment is made.
- Maintain a DeKalb County Farm Bureau membership.
- Provide a photograph for Farm Bureau publicity.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship award will be sent directly to the recipient’s school to be applied toward college costs. The payment will be sent in August.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 15, 2018.
Direct inquiries to:
DeKalb County Farm Bureau
1350 W. Prairie Drive, Sycamore, IL 60178
It is the applicant’s responsibility to see that academic information required is delivered/sent by the deadline.
- A copy of the portion of the current college courses taken through the spring 2018 semester must be mailed or emailed to the Foundation.