Statement of Purpose
The DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation endeavors to recognize students for their academic, school and community performance while in high school. The recognition is in the form of a scholarship to the student’s college of choice.
To apply for the Farm Bureau scholarship, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school senior.
- Be the son or daughter of a parent or guardian who has been a continual member in good standing of the DeKalb County Farm Bureau since Jan. 1, 2016.
- In the fall of 2018, plan to enroll in any field of interest in an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
Scholarship Amount and Coverage
The scholarship total amount will be $1,200. The award will be applied toward tuition and fees, housing, books and course supplies.
How to Apply
The application must be completed in its entirety and all related academic history, including a high school transcript and counselor statement, must be provided to the DeKalb County Farm Bureau by the deadline.
Please follow the scholarship application format. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in ineligibility.
Complete this application and submit online. Academic information and counselor statement can be submitted online. The transcript can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Farm Bureau office.
Selection of Recipients
An impartial selection committee composed of Farm Bureau members selects the recipients soon after the application deadline, usually by the end of March. In evaluating the applications, the committee will ensure applicants first meet all of the eligibility requirements and then consider the content of the applications. The evaluation criteria will include academic performance and test scores (50%), school activities and leadership experience (25%), and involvement in community activities (25%). Preference will be given to those activities related to agriculture. The awards will not be based on financial need.
Upon being awarded a scholarship, a recipient must:
- Enroll as a full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) student for both fall and spring semesters.
- Provide a statement attesting to the enrollment before payment is made.
- Maintain a DeKalb County Farm Bureau membership.
- Provide a photograph for Farm Bureau publicity.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship award will be sent directly to the recipient’s school to be applied toward college costs. The payment will be sent in August.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 9, 2018 to Farm Bureau.
Direct inquiries to:
DeKalb County Farm Bureau
1350 W. Prairie Drive, Sycamore, IL 60178
It is the applicant’s responsibility to see that academic information required is delivered/sent by the deadline.