Statement of Purpose
The DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation endeavors to recognize students for their academic performance while in medical school. The recognition is in the form of a scholarship to the student’s college of choice.
To apply for the Farm Bureau scholarship, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be an individual member or a dependent of a continual member in good standing of the DeKalb County Farm Bureau since Jan. 1, 2016.
- Have their own membership if 22 years and older.
- Be enrolled in an accredited medical school for the fall semester.
Scholarship Amount and Coverage
The $2,000 scholarship will be awarded for one year. Applicants may reapply. The award may be applied toward tuition and fees, housing, books and course supplies.
How to Apply
Complete and submit this application. College transcript can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please follow the scholarship application format. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in ineligibility.
Selection of Recipients
An impartial selection committee composed of Farm Bureau members selects the recipients soon after the application deadline. In evaluating the applications, the committee will ensure applicants first meet all of the eligibility requirements and then consider the content of the applications. The evaluation criteria will include academic performance, school activities and leadership experience, and involvement in non-school community activities. The awards will not be based on financial need.
Upon being awarded a scholarship, a recipient must:
- Enroll as a full-time student for fall semester 2018.
- Provide a statement attesting to the enrollment before payment is made.
- Maintain a DeKalb County Farm Bureau membership.
- Provide a photograph for Farm Bureau publicity.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship awards will be sent directly to the recipient’s school to be applied toward college costs. The payment will be sent in August.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 15, 2018.
Direct inquiries to:
DeKalb County Farm Bureau
1350 W. Prairie Drive, Sycamore, IL 60178
It is the applicant’s responsibility to see that academic information required is delivered/sent by the deadline.
- An college transcript as well as a copy of the letter of acceptance into the medical program from the university you will be attending must be included with the application.