Statement of Purpose
The DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation endeavors to recognize students for their academic, school and community performance while in high school. The recognition is in the form of a scholarship to the student’s college of choice.
To apply for the Joe Barshinger Ag Scholarship, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school senior attending Indian Creek High School
- Be the son or daughter of a parent or guardian who has been a continual member in good standing of the DeKalb County Farm Bureau for at least two years prior to applying.
- In the fall of 2022, plan to enroll at a community college, university, or trade school and study agriculture.
- Be a member of FFA or 4-H Club.
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Scholarship Amount and Coverage
The scholarship total amount will be $1,000. The award will be applied toward tuition and fees, housing, books and course supplies.
How to Apply
Complete this application and submit online. It is recommended that you complete these application questions in a separate document then copy and paste into the online application. Please follow the scholarship application format. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in ineligibility.
Academic information, transcript, and counselor statement must be submitted online by a high school counselor. It is the student’s responsibility to see that the high school counselor submits academic information online.
The application must be completed in its entirety and all related academic information must be provided online to the DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation by the deadline.
Selection of Recipients
An impartial selection committee composed of Farm Bureau members selects the recipients soon after the application deadline. The evaluation criteria will include academic performance and test scores, school activities and leadership experience, and involvement in community activities. The awards will not be based on financial need. Student must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Upon being awarded a scholarship, a recipient must:
- Enroll as a full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) student for both fall and spring semesters.
- Provide a statement attesting to the enrollment before payment is made.
- Maintain a DeKalb County Farm Bureau membership.
- Provide a photograph for Farm Bureau publicity.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship award will be sent directly to the recipient’s school to be applied toward college costs. The payment will be sent in August.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 25, 2022 to Farm Bureau.
Direct inquiries to:
DeKalb County Farm Bureau
1350 W. Prairie Drive, Sycamore, IL 60178
It is the applicant’s responsibility to see that academic information required is submitted by the deadline.