Statement of Purpose
The DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation endeavors to recognize students for their academic performance while in medical school. The recognition is in the form of a scholarship to the student’s college of choice.
To apply for the Farm Bureau scholarship, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be an individual member or a dependent of a continual member in good standing of the DeKalb County Farm Bureau for at least two years prior to applying.
- Have their own membership if 22 years and older.
- Be enrolled in an accredited medical school for the fall semester.
Scholarship Amount and Coverage
The $2,000 scholarship will be awarded for one year. Applicants may reapply. The award may be applied toward tuition and fees, housing, books and course supplies.
How to Apply
Complete and submit this application. College transcript should be uploaded with the application. It is recommended that you complete these application questions in a separate document then copy and paste into the online application. Please follow the scholarship application format. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in ineligibility.
The application must be completed in its entirety and transcript provided online to the DeKalb County Farm Bureau Foundation by the deadline.
Selection of Recipients
An impartial selection committee composed of Farm Bureau members selects the recipients soon after the application deadline. The evaluation criteria will include academic performance, school activities and leadership experience, and involvement in non-school community activities. The awards will not be based on financial need.
Upon being awarded a scholarship, a recipient must:
- Enroll as a full-time student for fall semester 2022.
- Provide a statement attesting to the enrollment before payment is made.
- Maintain a DeKalb County Farm Bureau membership.
- Provide a photograph for Farm Bureau publicity.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship awards will be sent directly to the recipient’s school to be applied toward college costs. The payment will be sent in August.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 10, 2022.
Direct inquiries to:
DeKalb County Farm Bureau
1350 W. Prairie Drive, Sycamore, IL 60178